Monday 11 April 2016

Book Review: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments)

#BookReviews

Title: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pages: 485
Price: Rs. 640
My Rating: 4/5

Blurb:
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Demons. First of 6 brand-new collectable editions of the New York Times No. 1 bestselling Shadowhunter series that has swept the globe. City of Bones is now a major movie. Irresistibly drawn towards a group of demon hunters, Clary encounters the dark side of New York City - and the dangers of forbidden love. Gorgeous cover illustration by Mila Furstova, the artist who created the album art for Coldplay's Ghost Stories. Read all the sensational books in The Shadowhunter Chronicles: The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, The Bane Chronicles and The Shadowhunter's Codex.

Review:
I read a quote once, 'don't judge a book by its movie' and it is so true. 
I watched the series and although it was a little out there I liked the genre. It is full of mystery and all fantasy characters i.e. Vampires, Warlocks, Werewolves, Angels, Demons and Shadowhunters. Hence, I picked up the books. There are a total of 6 books in the series and currently I am reading second part. So far it is awesome. I loved the book and given I don't want to give a lot of spoilers, I am keeping the review very superficial.

The story revolves around a  group called Shadow hunters who are part angel, part human and it is their sacred duty to protect the world against all evil. This may sound a little cheesy but the way it is written is quite good. You would fall in love with lead characters (Jace and Clary) and would wish to be part of this hidden world. 

The plot is good and is well woven in the fantasy world. You wont feel any aspect missed out.

The lead characters are written beautifully, however, at some places it is over stretched a bit. The friendship of Clary & Simon, the bond between Jace & Alec is marvelous. You actually feel pity for certain characters here.

The only con of the book is that it is written in a little haphazard manner. While reading part 2 of the series I am realizing the striking difference.

Overall, it is a wonderful book and once you start reading it, you wont be able to stop yourself.

You can grab a copy from below link:


Hope my review helps.

Love and Cheers







4 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot about this one... your review is so interesting... I hope to pick it up soon... thanks for sharing :-)

    Cheers, Archana - www.travelwitharchie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Archana
      I am glad you liked it :)
      Do read the book, its nice...
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of the fantasy genre. But, your review does sound interesting... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Thanks for reading. I am glad that you liked my review :)
      Cheers
      Kritika

      Delete

How did you find the post? Boring? Interesting?
Please just dont think it, share as well...